PDA

View Full Version : dewalt leaf blower is dead

Bigbear
11-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Gunny and I spent last night trying to prep the beast for the trail
he reset the rear shock to give it some more travel it is starting to leak oil out at the top so something is also wrong there I have notified AOI but no response yet, will most likely go back to FOA for help.
We then tried to start it and that's when things really started to fall apart.
It started turning over but no fire, remind you I had just gotten back from Daryl's so it was running fine prior to getting into garage, We stopped and started looking around and found a big puddle of gas on floor, pulled plugs and they were really wet with gas, tested fuel pump and it keeps running vs pressurizing the fuel rail and stopping.
Drained the oil out of it only to find it was low, broke a spark plug wire.
I set one of the plugs down to find my oil filter wrench and lost it, but then Jim found it so by *pm I was frazelled and will start over again tonight.

Tom, what device makes the fuel pump shut off on the TPI system??
So you can see my bad luck is starting to take it's toll on me
Good things:
Fenders are trimmed
Beadlocks are ready to mount
fuel vent line has been rerouted so the vapors won't kill me in the cab
Trailer brake away kit arrived
brake controller should be here today for new dodge mounting
trailer fenders and wheel spacers are done
So you can see Gunny has been real busy and I cleaned up the floor and work benches and put away the tools HA HA

Jeepster
11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Good things:
Fenders are trimmed
Beadlocks are ready to mount
fuel vent line has been rerouted so the vapors won't kill me in the cab
Trailer brake away kit arrived
brake controller should be here today for new dodge mounting
trailer fenders and wheel spacers are done
So you can see Gunny has been real busy and I cleaned up the floor and work benches and put away the tools HA HA

Consentrate on the good things.
NEW DODGE????

I'm not Tom but I'll grab a service manual and look up the fuel thing later.

Good luck getting it all back together today.

Bigbear
11-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh sorry you didn't hear,
yes my Duramax hit it's limit on failures so it was shot in the head and left for dead
New 2500 diesel ram, auto matic 4 door short bed it's all white with fancy chrome covers on the wheels

Jeepster
11-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Cool.
Now we just have to get the jeep going again.

mhenry79
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh sorry you didn't hear,
yes my Duramax hit it's limit on failures so it was shot in the head and left for dead
New 2500 diesel ram, auto matic 4 door short bed it's all white with fancy chrome covers on the wheels

Sorry to hear about the Duramax and the Dewalt. But congrats on the Dodge!

Gunny
11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
It's not dead, it's temperamental. When we moved it back into the garage, it saw how much was completed on the new buggy and got jealous. :roflmao:

Running to the parts store now to get new banjo bolt washers for Marks Jeep and oil filter and oil for Lindsay's car.

Will be at Marks after lunch to assemble the beadlocks if anyone wants to stop by and exorcise the dewalt leaf blower.:firedevil:

Bigbear
11-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh Gunny that was a good one
I found the information on the Hummer o-rings and ordered them this am 3.50 ea
so dont worry if the old ones won't seal up they should get here by Monday next week, I forgot today was holiday for most eveyone except me.
I should get home around 1:30p so do the oil first.
One of the things we disassemble and check will be the fuel pressure regulator its on the back end of the fuel rail,I should have a test guage in one of my drawers (tool box you guys)to see what the pressure is, supposed to be 39-47 lbs

YJHAMMER11
11-11-2009, 01:10 PM
congrats on the new dodge. I would think the fuel pressure regulator

Gunny
11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
It was operator error.
Mark turned the fuel pump, fan, ignition, all on and tried to start it without the ECM on. Flooded the motor.
We let it sit all night with the pugs out.
Replace, and it started right up this afternoon.
Beadlocks are on. Thanks Tom for helping.
Marks ready to go.P:)

YJHAMMER11
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Load it up and get moving before anything else goes wrong

mhenry79
11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear it was something simple!

mhenry79
11-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Uh oh time to go see what I just heard crash outside... Time to fire up the Stihl chain saw now...

slorocco
11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear it was a simple fix.