PDA

View Full Version : Gary's Roll Cage

Bigbear
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Gary,
I see you guys made some more progress on Friday getting seats and back half done. Nice work Gunny
what's the plan, just need to know wendy and I are gonna be gone this coming weekekend and I think Jim is also on travel so didn't want you to come by and try to pick up if Nobody was around.

Gunny
07-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Mark,
All that's left is to tie in the passinger seat and add a couple overhead bars to the back half. Then pull it, finish welding, and paint. But this will have to wait.
We'll be by Wednesday night to pack it up and trailer it home while I'm on vacation.

Gunny
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll be over this Saturday to finish up Gary's cage and hopefully work on the mini. Gotta build a clutch pedal and shifter.

Bigbear
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome back and hope all is well.
I'm leaving on Thursday and should be back following Monday so have fun and be careful.
Grandson should be around if you need anything, also be watchfull they are sealing the driveway a little at a time make sure you don't get tar on your truck.
They will will bput out cones to mark the wet areas, it has to dry for about 24 hours then is should be driveable.

Bigbear
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Gary,
Cage is painted and installed and bolted down
front floor and areas under the cage are rustproofed
top is back on and ready for you to pick up.
let me know when you are coming since I'm working night shift it might be hard to wake me up
Gunny as always has done another outstanding job of fabrication, i'm sad I'm such a computor dummy but i didn't get you pictures prior to installing the top.
With phase one being done you should be safe for at least a 20mph roll or an end over ender:eyes:

Jeepster
08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
When I saw it friday it looked GOOD. Of course it was upside down on the Garage floor. So It probably does not count.

Gary, Can't wait to see finished pictures. Hey maybe you could bring it to the meeting Wed night. Hint hint.