PDA

View Full Version : Tummy tuck skid + LOPRO Trans mount

Shiguy
06-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Sunday I'll be at Dion's installing the new ultra high clearance aluminum skid. It sits only 1" deep. To get that high we'll also be installing the LOPRO transfer case mount. The lopro requires some grinding to fit, and the old skid is gonna need to be cut off so plenty of fun. Not to mention any modding needed to get everything fitting up under the tub. Anyone who wants to stop by is welcome.

Lax22
06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I would join but i am in NJ this weekend. Maybe if i get back early on sunday.

Jeepin Hokie
06-06-2011, 09:49 AM
how did the skid install go?

any updates?

Shiguy
06-07-2011, 08:56 AM
how did the skid install go?

any updates?

Well.......late last week I realized I never got a bracket to attach the rubicon locker air pump. After calling Undercover Fab sure enough he forgot to mail one out even though it was ordered. They apologized and shipped the pump bracket out ASAP but it won't be in until tomorrow at the earliest.

Instead I decided to make use of the time installing the gas tank skid. This SHOULD have been a simple task only taking a few hours to get done. Unfortunately we didn't have the fuel line disconnect (tool? if that's what you can call it..) and unlike previous jeeps, the last two years of the TJ had a different fuel pump which the exit tube coming out is no longer metal but just molded PLASTIC! In the process of removing the old skid tank the tube snapped off. All day yesterday I was looking for a used pump since you can't buy just that top part of the whole assembly. Thanks Chrysler...your .50c savings just cost me $120 at only half price.

Lesson learned....never try to work around something that a $10 part will allow you to do.... On a good note though it did make swapping the rear shock a breeze compared to what it was like with the tank in. Almost makes me wanna remove the tank every time I put new shocks in the rear......ALMOST...