PDA

View Full Version : GreenZone update

Mowillys
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Made good progress today on Gabby's 95 XJ.

All floorboard repairs completed, all welding and sheet metal done; all broken seat studs removed, ready to seal all seams and apply bed liner to floorpans tommorrow.

New fender and door prep'd, will paint doorjam areas and hand them tomorrow, and prep for final paint.

Received wheel spacers, doing a fit check with the JK rims in the AM.

Rig is coming right along...any XJ owners happen to have a front carpet (tan) you ain't using? I salvaged the rear one but need a new front section.

More to follow.....

Jeepster
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Thats good progress. Keep up the good work!

Mowillys
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Finished rear shocks and springs. Big thanks to Dion for the quick fix option on those busted upper rear shock bolts. Awaiting front shocks and rear bumpstops. Then it's all interior and bodywork...maybe by christmas? :doh:

Jeepster
10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Good luck.

Glad a few of my lessons learned the hard way was able to make your work go easier.

sam025
10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Tank we should have been working on these together.
Rear Shock bolts :doh:
Ran into same problem. Not sure how you fixed but just air hammer weld nuts and fished new bolts down. Was actually easier than I was expecting, the rear bump stop bolts were more of a pain than any.
Again as I said earlier doing this lift.... I hate Rust!!!

Mowillys
10-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Yep, am fully expecting to have much arse pain with the bump stop bolts. Honestly. if I snap them, I'm gonna pound the threaded inserts back, open the remaining rust hole, and weld new nuts in. another option is to just weld the new stops to the frame. The frame'll be gone before the new stops will.

Mowillys
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
All back together and headed off to state inspection yesterday with high hopes....which were promptly dashed....some things I knoew about but didn't think were downers, others I didn't know about and are gonna cost a bit. No worries though, nuthin' I can't handle.

Soooo, as soon as I make a few more repairs, I'll be back banging on their door.

Mowillys
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Well....right rear brake cyl changed, radiator r/r, backup light switch jiggled and rigged. Still awp for the water pump (howling) and drivers front seat electric base (Fwd/AFT adj stripped in the base)...but getting closer....soon it'll be a 2013 ZJ! :scared:

Mowillys
08-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Dropped the tank last night, fuel pump strainer looked like we were sucking tapioca through cheesecloth. Am replacing the strainer, pump, and filter, as well as the rear springs.....hope to have her on the road tomorrow....parts pending