Hard Rock Crawlers of Southern Maryland  

Go Back   Hardrockcrawlers > User Forum > Product Review

Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 PM

kellyjeep is on a distinguished road
Default CJ Windshield install

Wow is all I can say. I thought that finishing Patrick Jeep was going to be easy, how hard it can be to install a windshield. Shoot I thought I would replace the glass in my jeep too.

There is good news and bad news.

Start with the bad news. Do not use BDR the Glassman to install your windshield!!!. After five weeks, too many phone calls and two windshields that were partially installed, I finally had words with Blake. He thought that he was finished and was ready to leave. I tried to explain that the wind shields were not installed correctly. He did not want to hear it and made the suggestion that he would pull them both out and call it even. I agreed to his suggestion and he proceeded to pull them out. In the process he ended up breaking the one that was sort of installed in my Jeep. All I can say was he was not very pleasant and I was not very happy.

Now the good news. I called Abell Auto Glass Service 301-769-3436 the next day. The following day he came to the house and in one hour he had both windshields installed. It was amazing watching a professional work, he had all the right tools and he knew the tricks of the trade to make the installs look easy. He has been in the business for over 30 years and he was very professional. If I ever need another windshield he will be the guy I call.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 PM

Jeepster has disabled reputation
Default Re: CJ Windshield install

Thank you for the update. It's always good to know who does good work and who to avoid.

"The Pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more." fortune cookie

Dion

Former Buggy = TREX

Current is TBD
Old 11-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Grumpy Old Fart

Gunny is a jewel in the roughGunny is a jewel in the roughGunny is a jewel in the rough

John, Glad it worked out for you.
Do you know if Abell Glass is able to custom cut glass? My plan for the Shop Truck is to buy new stock glass (it's a 2 piece windshield) and have it cut to fit by someone local if possible. Maybe I'll give them a call when I get back from the holiday.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM

kellyjeep is on a distinguished road

Hay Gunny, I would give him a call. Not sure if he cuts glass or not. I would talk to him first before you order anything.

When I did my windshield at Peg’s glass about 15 years ago, Peg's had flat glass in stock. He used my broken windshield as a template, cut the glass and installed it.

I am sure someone around here can do the same thing. If Abell cannot do it, he probably know someone who can.