Hard Rock Crawlers of Southern Maryland  

Go Back   Hardrockcrawlers > User Forum > Trips/Events

View Poll Results: What weekendS works best for you to play in the snow?
January 27th 2 25.00%
February 3rd 6 75.00%
February 10th 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Board of Directors

joshman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Winter Run

I have an open seat.

'94 Chevy K1500 - "Krumples" - wheeler
'97 Dodge 3500 CTD - tow pig
'03 VW Jetta TDI - DD
nothing is stock :)
Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 PM

Moparnum5 is on a distinguished road

Jamie is coming, so we are going to be camping in the back of the truck. Sorry for the late notice.

98 Xj-crawler
95 Yj-mall crawler
85 Xj-mall cruiser
08 Ram 2500 tow/DD
13 Hemi Wk2 "Trailhawk" Jamie's DD
Old 02-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Jeepin Hokie is on a distinguished road

Winter Run was great again this year....

Saturday was cold in the AM and only got colder throughout the day. luckily we all dresses appropriately for our rigs temperature and everyone stayed warm(ish).

We ran over to HRC and ended up on death valley where the group split up for a little while. Bigger guys went up death valley where I may or may not have driven past the property boundary getting us all screwed up and ended up in a sticky situation. a little winching and strapping and we ended up pointing in the correct direction again. We then met back up with the smaller group who did some fire road exploring. Josh R ran out of gas and we headed back to camp for lunch down one YJ.

Myself, Danny and John went out after lunch to Squealer and some other stuff while the Reithmeyer group went out for gas, a heater for the camper water tank and an alternator belt for the big red truck.

Night run to rescue the out of gas YJ ended up blowing out a sidewall on Justin's Cherokee and 2 hours later the group returned to camp for dinner.

Night run up V trail for myself, John, Danny and Josh Felts who arrived Friday late afternoon. Fairly uneventful for a night run.

Saturday we added Tim and his teal Cherokee. wired up a locker in Ron's JKU and had to jumper the solenoid on Josh's truck before getting out the door. with a bigger group we ran trickle and wahoo first. a few of us gave Pucker a shot and drove back around to get on Squealer again. Josh Felts broke another RCV on Squealer. We ended up having a late lunch and swapped my spare onto Justin's Cherokee because he found a broken centering pin on the red truck. but back on the trail for corum, cobra and winch to end the evening.

with most everyone's rigs loaded up for the evening we enjoyed an awesome smoked ham and pork butt; then had an awesome evening around the camp fire.

I took off around 9pm to be home for morning kid duty. so unsure if anything of note took place Saturday evening.

Copy and paste the link to see my videos
http://vimeo.com/user6111157/videos

Last edited by Jeepin Hokie; 02-05-2018 at 11:07 AM.