Hard Rock Crawlers of Southern Maryland  

Go Back   Hardrockcrawlers > User Forum > Jeep Showcase

Old 05-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Board of Directors

Jeepin Hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworley View Post
New unit bearings. Hoping to install these next weekend with a set of ball joints. My current ones are shot and figured while I had everything off why not update the bearings. With 100k on them its just a piece of mind.

I've had that exact same box delivered before.

Copy and paste the link to see my videos
http://vimeo.com/user6111157/videos
Old 05-30-2017, 03:03 PM

tworley is on a distinguished road

Install went well. Lacked in the photo department but took around 7 hrs to complete (ball joints and hubs). My first upper ball joint I tried to remove using the setting adapter, ended up breaking my 3/4" ratchet. Once I put the right adapter on it they all popped right out and they all set straight. The old ones pretty much dangled in place once the knuckle was removed. Night and day difference. Crossing over different road surfaces and something like an expansion joint on a bridge the front end is much more stable.

I did notice on the ride home though that my drag link adjuster sleeve is no longer clamping tight. What started out as a straight steering wheel was in the 9 oclock position later in the afternoon. Clamps are tight as can be but the sleeve is still movable by hand, and easily. Need to take it apart completely and see if the drag link and/or pitman arm threads are buggered at all. If not, then a new sleeve for $15 bucks is hopefully the fix.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:10 PM

tworley is on a distinguished road

Found a hell of a deal on some goodies. Been looking for a HPD30 for awhile but yesterday I came across an ad on CL for a regular D30 out of an 02 TJ. Comes with an ARB RD100 locker installed, geared 4.56 (matching my current ratio), alloy chromoly shafts, currie control arm skids, timken wheel bearings, new upper control arm bushings, poison spyder diff cover, airlines for locker and solenoid/switches, spare d30 shafts with brand new ujoints, lubelocker, and newer ball joints (about 1 year). Guy had all the paperwork for it, all installed late 2015. He was building a d44 to replace it with. His rig was a weekend warrior, non DD. So the parts have use, but pretty little

Last edited by tworley; 06-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 PM

Jeepster has disabled reputation

Awesome find. Congratulations.

"The Pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more." fortune cookie

Dion

Buggy = TREX